This was my thought when I decided to start doing a workout routine. Mind you, I haven’t started yet…I have “decided” to start. 😂
My excuses for not starting until now:
- I don’t want anyone to see me workout (not even my Dear Farmer)
- It’s too late/I’m too old
- It won’t work for me
- I live too far from a gym
- I don’t know what exercises to do or how to do them
- I will hurt myself
With the past months of our “New Normal” I have not stuck to my eating plan perfectly, I have not continued my walks and it is starting to show. I am seeing my weight creep back on in all areas, my tummy, my back, my thighs. I had never really toned up my arms to they are looking as flabby as usual. I want to change all of this.
Reasons over excuses:
- I can workout when no one is home or in a different room
- It’s never too late and I will never be too old
- Why am I so “special” that it works for everyone but won’t work for me???
- Due to our current “new normal” working out at home is probably a better option for me anyway compared to a gym
- YouTube will show me what exercises to do and how to do them!
- I will only hurt myself if I try to push myself to do things that my body is not ready for. If it feels painful…modify it or don’t do it!
Now that I have made the decision and have researched a few different YouTube workout channels to try, what do I really want from the first workout and beyond?
- I want to break a sweat
- I want to feel like I have pushed myself past my limits for reps
- I want to feel energized
- I want to be proud of myself for getting up early to workout
- I want to do this daily
- I want to develop my own personal workout plan
How will I accomplish these wants/goals?
- I will get up earlier than usual
- I will not make excuses
- I will workout for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Even if I have to modify the exercise, I will do every exercise in the video I choose
- If I don’t like the video I choose, I will not stop to search for a new one, I will finish it out and find a new one for the next day.
- I will document my progress from Day 1 (photos that may never see the light of day 😅 and journal)
- I WILL NOT QUIT!
I need your input: ❓❓❓If you are over 50 and had not regularly worked out in your pre-50 years…
What age did you start working out?
Do you do cardio and weights?
What is your favorite YouTube workout channel?
Here’s to Day 1…Wish me luck. 😘